Mag-Lites.

Z

z_Xander

I'm a bit of a flashlight newb, so this will probably come out as a stupid question. But why are Maglite still in business? Is it the fact they are good for mods? I have tried to figure it out, nobody on the force uses them any more (it's all Stingers now), consumers can buy smaller lights which are brighter and just as tough with modern plastics or metals. Which leaves modders, and surely modders can't give them enough to stay in business? :confused:

Don't misunderstand me, this isn't a bash at Maglite. I love the design, the simple and effective build that has lasted for decades. But honestly I don't use my D cell Maglite any more. It's too big for general use, and my AA maglite is not bright enough. So I grab my G2 for general use or my 6P, both of which give 120 lumens, far more than even the longest D cell maglites, and they are much smaller.

I keep expecting Maglite to release something that will revolutionize the market like they did 30-odd years ago, but they never do. Are they never going to get a new product line out to get back the market? Sorry if this is a newb question, but surely sticking to the same design even if it is a tried and tested one can't last them forever.