About lights, but not flashlights

BriteIdea

Newly Enlightened
I was sitting in the waiting room at the dentist office and they had one these real small artificial Christmas trees sitting in the corner. It had a string of the usual LED lights we all use. This particular type changed colors from green to blue to red etc. Each cycle would last roughly 15 seconds. I watched briefly being mesmorized, just curious, nothing else.

I blinked in a normal blink and could swear I saw a flicker of red from each bulb (while it was still in green mode) I repeated the blink process, thank God no one was watching this bad habit, so it may have seemed.

If I looked steady at the light it was a solid green but when I applied this silly blink, I again saw micro flashes of red, for each bulb.

Not sure exactly what was taking place but I'll assume there's a 60cycle phenomina taking place at, or during, my blink cycle.

Or, my blinking caught a particular light frequency at the right moment.

Or, there was always an underlying redness with the green portion. Green and yellow make blue. Red and blue make purple and so on.

Call it wierd but if anyone else has some sort of rational explanation, I'm all ears. Kind of neat though, what ever was taking place.