Problem with my Infinity Ultra-G

avusblue

Enlightened
I have several Infinities and have always had good luck, finding them to be generally bulletproof. But I do have one (that happens to be a newer Ultra-G from CountyComm) that's giving me trouble. It is about three months old, and worked fine at first. It has gotten worse over the past couple weeks such that I can't use it anymore. It refuses to come on. If I tighten the head way down (too tight) and then back it off a bit, it flickers, then sometimes comes on, but won't stay on for long before it flickers and then goes out. Replacing with a fresh battery doesn't help. I did clean the contacts and threads as well; no joy.

Additional background: This one was hung on a string from the ceiling, head down, over my computer desk in the bedroom, lighting up the keyboard on those nights I'm up late working with the room lights off. Hanging upside down for three months . . . would that matter?

Questions:

1) Has anyone seen this problem before? I've put a different Ultra-G in its place, and its working fine so far, all my other Infinities have been rock solid.

2) Since it's an "Ultra-G" model, (not civilian) does it have any warranty? I haven't checked in with CountyComm so far. Should I send it back to CC, to CMG, or should I just junk it. Is it reasonable to even expect warranty coverage? After all, it's a few months old, it worked fine at first, and (I think) they are sold as sort of "gray market" lights outside the normal civilian retail channels.

This isn't a huge deal, I'm not whining or complaining, but I figure if I can get a replacement for a dud, I might as well ask. What should a reasonable person expect and where would you start?

Thanks,

Dave

C

CountyComm

Send it back to us we will take care of this problem...Not to worry...Nick

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that was a quick, easy, and painless solution.

Generally speaking, I would recommend e-mailing the retailer first and if they can't/won't help, I would then e-mail the manufacturer. If neither of these produced a satisfactory result, I would then post here about my problem.

Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
I don't think the hanging should have caused the problem. It's carried and knocked around in that position by some people with no problem. It's probably a bad ground connection inside. Not to worry, though, since Countycomm has got you covered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Also, I concur with treek13. That's the proper order of resolving such issues.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before sending it back, try a different brand battery in yours, just to see if it could be the cause.

I had one do something similar to yours a good while back. Turned out that the battery didn't fit quite right (off-brand)

-Jason