Lost my EDC light-what should i get now (R/CR123)

pulstar

Enlightened
A few days ago my Nitecore Extreme R2 somehow (i'm still not sure if that was really it) slipped out of my pocket on a parking lot, just when i was picking my swimming gear out of my car's trunk. Sadly, i missed my light an hour later, when i was already at home, 30 miles away from the pool. I checked the _whole_ car, returned to the parking lot, checked all the places i've been after i know i had it with me, but nothing. This light was a gift from my girlfriend so it also has a sentimental value. I will really miss it.

But just like every true flashaholic, i can't be without my EDC light too long. There's a lot of lights but i just can't decide which one to pick. My girlfriend will again be my main sponsor for this purchase!:grin2:

I have a few light that are interesting to me, and i'll try to describe what i like about them and what i don't.

First, they must be 1 CR123 based with official/unofficial RCR123 support.

There is no need for strobe or other disco modes.

Beam type- flood:throw 50:50, but i also really like Surefire's TIR beams.

I read a few things about new Incendio V3+, which has 4 modes, good output and you can lock-out each of those modes. I like the design, but there isn't much talk of this light, plus.

Quark mini 123 also looks nice, it's VERY small but it doesn't have memory function and you always cycle through every three modes.

Regular quarks doesn't fill the bill for me, i don't know why, but i don't like the UI (combination of twisting and clicking), and the bezel-up pocket clip.

Nitecore EX10 looks nice, but it has a little lower output than other flashlights, new (SP) version lost the superb UI of the original, and there are possible issues with the parasitic drain, which is common problem with the new EX11 or D11.

I like my girlfriend's EZaa, so EZ123 might fill the bill, but it only has XR-E Q5 emitter.

Nitecore SR3 is quite big / unergonomical, new Sunwayman doesn't support RCR123's and RPT-0 is quite expensive for a chinese-made light.

Surefire E1B would be perfect, if it remembered the last-used mode. I really like my LX2's beam, but again, for EDC the floodier one would probably be better.

HDS flashlights looks great as primary/duty lights, but i find them a bit bulky for EDCing in pocket, and to expensive to loose.

What wpuld you pick, my current winners are Incendio V3+, EZ123 and maybe Surefire E1b.

Any other recommedations are highly welcomed! Thanks for your responses and sorry for my bad english.

Latest posts