Gun ranges...how many people pick up their brass?

Illum

Flashaholic
The outdoor range I go to has a policy for cleanliness, so the concrete corridors on which shooters benches are on top of is swept by every shooter upon completion of their shots and dumped in buckets or right off the corridor.

Aside from the concrete is grass and dirt...which is covered with cases. Brass, Nickel, Steel, rimmed sticky cases known too well from Russian surpluses. If I come across any stripper clips I usually put it on the table as those aren't cheap. Is there anything legally keeping me from sorting through whats left on site...especially pistol centerfires, clean them and selling them along with my own brass to willing buyers?

Seems like I'm the only one who keeps his cases while everyone else tosses them. Just seems like buying a cookie and tossing out the breading edge. Hpw many folks are consciously aware of the stuff they leave at ranges?

If I drill out the spent primer end and melt them into small impure bullions...would it be more valuable than the weathered and perhaps corroded cases themselves?