Fenix LD10 R4 vs. R5 (XP-G)

emitor

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

it seems that the Fenix LD10 has been very recently upgraded from the R4 emitter to the R5 (both XP-G).

The strange thing is that on the official site there is not a single mention about this step. But one can find the R5 versions on the internet.

As the R5 is told to be pretty much all flood without any real hotspot, I would like to ask somebody who already owns this new R5 for beamshots. Comparison with the R4 would be very much appreciated not only by me, but by many many members of this community.

There are also other differences. The numbers for the R5 are suprisingly lower than for the R4. See here:

R4:

General Mode: 9 lumens (34hrs) - 50 lumens (6hrs) - 105 lumens (2.2hrs) - SOS

Turbo Mode: 132 lumens (1.5hrs) -Strobe

R5:

General Mode: 3 lumens (70hrs) - 13 lumens (11hrs) - 45 lumens (4.75hrs) - SOS

Turbo Mode: 100 lumens (1.75hrs) -Strobe

The maximum otuput is lower for the R5. But this might be because of the new ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 Flashlight Basic Performance Standard. But what about the runtimes? Look at the 6hrs @ 50 lumens (R4) and compare it to the 4.75hrs @ 45 lumens (R5). This is also due to the new standard?

If anyone had runtime measurements for comparison between R4 and R5, it would be also highly appreciated.

Any discussion about the beam pattern, runtimes and the tint will be very welcomed by all of us.

Thank You very much guys.

cicero

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, Buddy, I know less then you. Searching for Fenix LD10 R2 vs. R5 I found your similar unanswered post. If I figure the LD10's out elsewhere I'll come back and help you out. The tree house seems pretty small around here. For now ... What color is a lemon?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
There is a BIG thread on this topic someplace. I also had questions on this at the time and it seems Fenix is using a new system to rate lumens. I would guess both lights are the same but the R5 COULD....... be 7% brighter. In anycase I have the R4 and like the tint and is the brightest 1XAA light on Turbo mode using primary batteries I have.