Need something equivalent to the Lightwave 4000

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Gents. I busted my Lightwave 4000, and need parts for it, and it is becoming a real pain to find them. I would like some ideas, to something equivalent to the Lightwave 4000, in brightness and battery longivity, that is US made, and something that I can get parts for.... Thanks in advance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AC_Doc

JJHitt

Enlightened
I gotta ask... how did the LW4000 break?

I almost broke mine when I tried to unscrew the head after it had "magicaly" glued itself on. I had to resort to using ChannelLocks and the guts inside the head shifted; the switch was no longer under the rubber nipple. But I was able to worry it back into place.

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
I dropped my LW4000 several times and it broke where the body was threaded. I took the still functioning head unit and adapted into a Dorcy 6V lantern battery spotlight. Except, instead of the 6V lantern battery I used a 4D cell adapter. So, on one end I have a very sharp incandescent spot light and on the other end a 10 LED light. Both ends can be on at the same time with a slightly lower output.