Noob here! first MAGCustom build!

Z

z_Elfmaze

Hey guys! I have been lurking for a while(~ three years) But I am finally ready to jump into my first project!

Currently I have been lugging around a 4D MAG. I use it while walking the dog at night, general lighting when searching dark areas, and for lighting up house numbers from the car. I like the way the LED MAG throws and it gets the job done but I want to get more "WOW" factor!

I don't mind the large form factor, as it seconds as a tool for whapping things over the head. And the D cells fit nicely in my hand. Currently they have 3D MAGS on sale for $14 but I would not mine going bigger either.

Batteries, I like that I only had to change my MAG LEDS batteries once a year. And even then it was still burning but the cells were down to .9 volts each. I understand that a higher power torch will take more power but not looking for a 15min burner either. I am also not opposed to moving to a rechargeable system that I can charge in the car or home. But the MAG recharger is still pretty pricy as a donor.

I have looked at the Terralux 300M upgrade. As well as the P7 based upgrades. Anything new come out in the past two years that is worth looking at? Any other recommendations on the build?

Also in the exotic dept, i would like to install a green laser in the tail as a nightime pointer! if its not too hard.

Thanks Guys!

Dan