Great Arc Stories, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll start the ball rolling here... (Pls let me know if there's already a duplicate thread, admins)

I just got my AAA less than a week ago, and yesterday proved that the $25 I paid for it was worth every cent!!

We were doing a presentation at a major client's, hoping to get in on a big project. The room lights were controlled by just 1 switch, so if u turn the switch off, all the lights in the room go off... So, while our Retail Manager was about to start his demo, he remarked that it was too dark and he couldn't see the keyboard at all. So I stood up, pulled out my AAA and rested it on a huge manual next to the notebook and had it shining over the keyboard. I could see from the corner of my eye some of the clients craning their necks to try and get a look at the light source...

So, the presentation and demo went on for almost 2 hours, including Q&A sessions, and I purposely left my AAA on, sitting there even when the lights were switched on every once in a while during discussions, and it was used a few times for reading some stats off some documents.

Needless to say, after the whole session was over, the brightness was still the same, after almost 2 hours and you could imagine the amount of interest it generated. A couple of guys came over and asked what light I was using, and they were impressed that brightness hasn't dropped 1 notch when I showed them! But the fact that it was not readily available in the shops here sorta disappointed them... Our Retail Manager (from a partner company) expressed his thanks and was amazed and remarked to my boss about "how prepared we were for any situation"...
Next up, my boss asks me in the car, was that a M*glite? I scoffed and said "Not even close"... showed him my AAA again and his next question was: "Where do I get one?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, I might just be able to convince my boss to order a couple of other Arcs and I can jump in on the order, then hopefully he'll (the company) offer to pay for the shipping? Hmm... Well, I don't think that the AAA was enough to convince the client that they'll buy from us...yet, but the fact is that it saved the day, else we would have had to turn on the lights and the clients wouldn't be able to see the demo properly!

ANyway, you've probably heard this a million times, so once more isn't gonna make a difference, Thanks Peter for a great product!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
great story! make sure you tell them about the voltage regulation, the indestructable LED, and the superior HA coating and show them that maglites have none of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I have two to add... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last Thursday night we had one hell of a storm here. We get about one a year... and they do alot of damage. Well wouldn't you know that's the night my daughter was driving up from Phoenix. She arrived at the tail end of the storm and was trying to get her stuff in the house as quickly as possible in the rain. One of the things that had to come in was her bird cage with two cockateils in it. She pulled the cage out of her car and the bottom dropped out and the crockery food dishes smashed on the driveway. She came in with screaming birds on perches in a bottomless cage and yelled that we had to get the stuff on the driveway. So I grabbed my L4 and my son grabbed his turquoise ARC AAA. We headed out to the driveway. That's when I saw my son do the most innovative thing I've ever seen. He took off his glasses and put the arm through the ring on the AAA and he put his glasses back on. The AAA dangled at his temple and lit up the driveway where with both hands, he cleaned up the broken crockery. It was VERY cool!! I told Peter that I think he should give a bunch of AAA to a bunch of 5 year olds and see what they can do with them... could be pretty illuminating... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And now my second story... that same night, my husband got called out to go rescue idiots who drove into the flooded washes. (He's a police detective). So he arrived at a scene where a car was about half under water and there were chunks of concrete IN the car and busted out windows etc. A lady on the scene (in wasn't her car) said that she didn't know if there was anyone in the car still and that she'd seen a child's car seat. Well my husband's gear was all in another vehicle because he had been called away from another duty for this one and he didn't even have his duty vehicle. Therefore, the only light he had on him was his ARC LSH-P which he carries in his pocket at all times. Seeing as how he needed both hands to remove the chunks of concrete in the car, he needed to find a way to hold the light. Well seeing as how the LSH-P has such a nice soft tailcap, he clicked the light on and put the tailcap between his teeth. It was perfect! Try that with an L4!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And I want to add a HUGE thank you to both Peter and Merri for hooking my daughter up with a red AAA today for her astronomy class. I called Merri and asked if she had one and she said yes. My daughter lives less than a mile from ARC so she then went over there and picked out her light and then called me and I gave Merri my credit card over the phone. Now my daughter is all set for her class. Thanks guys for taking care of my baby for me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stories Sasha, thanks!! All in the same night too... Altho I think there were 3 stories there, not 2... or was it 2.5? Or was it 2.25? Never mind that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif, the main thing is that Arc comes out 'shining' yet again!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
I don't have any stories quite as dramatic as Sasha's, but I can say that my Arc AAA has come in quite handy multiple times when some kid decided to switch off the lights in the public bathroom as he left.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your welcome!

Btw, your daughter sounds just like you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Your welcome!

Btw, your daughter sounds just like you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rex

Newly Enlightened
Here's my little Arc story:
Last month I was in the process of buying a house so I commissioned a registered builder (that's what we call them here) to do a pre-purchase check. I went along to the inspection and when it's time to inspect the underfloors, the builder whipped out his 2D torch and shone it from a very small door. He was having a hard time looking figuring out the details of the plumbing with his generic 2D torch, so I gave him my Arc LSH-P. Later in his report, it turned out that around $3000 was required to fix the plumbing. Thanks to the Arc, the problem was identified and the house owner offered to have the problem fixed at his own cost.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
sunspot said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Seeing as how he needed both hands to remove the chunks of concrete in the car, he needed to find a way to hold the light. Well seeing as how the LSH-P has such a nice soft tailcap, he clicked the light on and put the tailcap between his teeth. It was perfect! Try that with an L4!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Sasha. This technique is not talked about by the guys on CPF for the obvious reasons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... maybe not so obvious... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ... Peter loved hearing this story when my husband told it to him this past weekend at the camp out. I really have no idea what you're talking about by saying it is not discussed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work for a leading Aerospace Contractor. I just found out that our Contamination Control Dept. was authorized to purchase an ARC LS for each staff member. So the ARCs are being used to assure the cleanliness required to get payloads into space. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I may have to transfer into that Dept. just to get another light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
However, I am happy to report they were not quite savvy enough to order the Premium models for themselves. So I Challenged them to a beamshot shoot-out in the Contamination Lab and won easily using an ARC LSH-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A-6

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've had several friends comment that my arc LSH looked phallic, with the kroll having a large part to play in it...i think that's what dana's talking about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RY3

Enlightened
Well.. I remember I was taught by CPF about how to suck and blow to my L4 once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Chamenos... gotcha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess that when it comes to possibly saving a childs or anyone's life for that matter, that sort of thing just really doesn't enter the mind.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha. I had intended a small joke that seems to have fallen flat. I meant no disrespect to your husband and in fact, I applaud his quick action.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't think anyone took any offence, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
No... no offense... just confusion. But then that's the state I live in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about I remove all the confusing posts from this thread so we can get back to Arc-loving? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.