The Fenix LD series has me confused!

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all,:wave:

I have discovered in my brief sojourn into the galaxy that there are 3 Fenix flashlights in the LD range:

the original LD20 -XR-E-Q5 180 lumens

the newer LD20 - XP-G-R4 205 lumens

and the mysterious LD20 - (fill this space in) R5 also 180 lumens

Now, the first two flashlights are listed on the fenix site. The LD20 R5 is not, and I bought one thinking it was the R4.

(I obviously confused myself by thinking that an R5 is newer and brighter than an R4 and didn't check the specs properly but there you go!:duh2:)

The only difference I'm aware of is that the reflector is smooth in the R4 and in the R5 but orange peel in the Q5.

What have I bought? Did Fenix design a slightly modified LD that has an R4 LED, but still has a 180 lumen output or am I missing something?

What is the difference (apart from the reflector) between the original LD Q5 and the middle version with the R5 LED? Has anyone done some feature comparing with all three of these because I am concerned that I have purchased something weird that isn't a major improvement on the first LD Q5.

The LD R5 is more expensive than the R4. Why is that?

If anyone has the urge to sympathise and kindly share with me some info on these types of LED's I would be awfully pleased!

(I do own 4 different Fenix's already if that's of any use):ironic:

Cheers everyone!!!

Freddie

Latest posts