Color me impressed...

o0o

Enlightened
Bought a Surefire G2X Pro

I tried it out today.

This thing is wonderful.

Very easy user interface. You can switch from low to high with either soft presses/off or click on / off.

No lame flashes, strobes, or other unneeded levels that require lots of scrolling.

High level is outstanding, plenty of raw power and an excellent beam quality (no artifacts and well balanced). High easily lights the backyard up.

Low is perfect for walking around the house at night.

Construction, fit finish, etc. are all excellent. The head unit is metal, while the battery tube and battery end cap are plastic (or whatever fancy word Surefire calls it, Nitrolon?). Quality is up to Surefire standards.

The design is very attractive to my eyes, and it is very compact for the power it emits on high. I also have a 6PX Pro and Tactical on backorder so I am looking forward to those models even more (I prefer metal).

I cannot tell what type of LED it uses. Can someone help me here?

My only complaint... I would rather have full regulation in high mode rather than what appears to be partial regulation (or possibly no regulation?) on high. I wish they made it so high maintained full output until the last possible second, and then dropped to the low setting. However, it appears that output on high does not behave this way. That is okay though, at this price point the light is nearly perfect.