Duty Light Luxeon??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I still love a high power incan for duty use however am considering a high power luxeon to test as a main duty light. Much of what I know about luxeons is with smaller back up lights or from weekend modding projects. I truly enjoy the AAA luxeon and even better the single R123 wow lights. I am very embarassed to say I have never sampled the newer MCEs, P7s, or SST-50s so I know very little as to what would be best for me.

I have been searching, and reading, and have pretty much decided that I like the SST-50s best followed by the P7s and MCE lastly. So having figured this out I would like to find a nice duty light in the 2-18650 body style. Thus far I have read up on the Triton M30 as well as the M31,the TK30, the Catapult V2, Jetbeam M1X, and a few others I can not remember.

Most important for me is to have a rugged light regardless of which one I choose. I need a reliable and long lasting switch as well as sturdy glass lense and the ability to handle several minutes of runtime for building searches or traffic scenes. I also must have the ability to lock out all of the other modes such as strobe and low output. I like it to activate on high every time and stay there regardless of cycles through the switch. I never need low or strobe in my main light so the brighter single level the better....I like a lot of light downrange or to fill up an entire room.

I really like the Catapult V2 and also the M31 from reading up on them....and watching hundreds of youtube videos. In all the reading I have done I could find no long term reviews and as such have no idea of which light would have the longest service life. I have never owned lights from any of these makers and know nothing of warranty or customer service either.

200 to 300 dollars is fine for cost so cash is not really a problem and I have a few favorite dealers here I like to buy from. Being such a newbie to the big boys of luxeons I have probably missed a few and Im hoping others can give me some real world, long term, reviews of any of these lights. I am not limited to the lights I have mentioned so any others that would do well are welcome.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and sorry for the long winded post....you guys know how I like to ramble on by now.:)