surefire KL6

DBCC04

Newly Enlightened
This is probably a stupid question.
I was looking at the Surefire catalog and saw that the KL6 would fit the M3 and the M6.
am i correct in assuming that the run time will be roughly twice on the M6 as on the M3?
the brightness should be the same right?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say it will be better on the M6 but not twice there was talk about this with the KL2 and while the runtime was better the outcome was that it was not close to being double. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's not a stupid question.

However, only somebody with a proto-type or access to new product development at SureFire would be able to answer your question with what little degree of certainty there is during SureFire's product R&D. Things change all the time.
Perhaps if you screwed a KL6 onto an M6, it'll have an audible warning along the lines of "SureFire advise against using the KL6 Bezel on this product. Have a nice day"

It is a reasonable assumption if you are using the KL2 as anything to go by. It should be pointed out that advances in regulation since the KL2 may mean that the KL6 is better able to make use of the huge power of the M6.

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
I would think it would be regulated so it shouldn't matter if your using 3 or 6 batteries to power it as far as brightness concerned.

I would also think the M6 will run about 110% to 120% longer because of the lower load on the batteries compared to the M3, less power wasted as heat in the batteries.

This is just my guess though.