Donuts, how do you avoid them?

Illum

Flashaholic
Whats your way of controlling yourself from buying a case of 6, 12 or more of jelly filled, glazed, cream, or custard donuts on your way back from work every time the case at home runs out?

I eat donuts with a knife and fork weekly and I find the habit hard to drop...:tired:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ah, one of the many threads from the Great Crash which is now missing posts.

New reply: I eat cake, instead.

beerwax

Enlightened
chocolate chip cookies. better than doughnuts. buy some and you wont eat the doughnuts.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Yeah I remember this one.

My answer was that I'm a Chef and its my job to eat this stuff so I stopped being afraid as it pays the bills.

Never trust a skinny Chef.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah I remember this one.

My answer was that I'm a Chef and its my job to eat this stuff so I stopped being afraid as it pays the bills.

Never trust a skinny Chef.

Now I remember.

I posted something about wanting your job. (Still do!) :D

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
As I'm diabetic, eating even one whole donut is simply Not Acceptable. (Well, technically it's doable... but it would lay waste to my daily carb budget.) Instead, I occasionally buy some "donut holes" as a treat - because it's easier to have just one for the sensory experience than to stop at one bite of a donut.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Growing up in Hawaii, hardly if ever do we eat them there donuts. Why? Because there's Leonard's Hot Malasadas!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I'm diabetic, eating even one whole donut is simply Not Acceptable. (Well, technically it's doable... but it would lay waste to my daily carb budget.) Instead, I occasionally buy some "donut holes" as a treat - because it's easier to have just one for the sensory experience than to stop at one bite of a donut.

So, I've heard the expression but dunno what it is...DONUT HOLE?

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donut hole is when you have a multi-die setup and the reflector is focused on the space between the dice. This causes the final output to look like a donut, with the center being the donut hole.

Also acceptable definition: bite-sized confectionery pastry shaped like the hole that is cut out of doughnuts.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So, does the tiny donut have a hole too?

No.

Think of a regular donut with a hole through the middle. The dough that gets punched out is not recycled into a new batch of donuts. Instead, it's fried up and eaten! Sometimes called, "munchkins." They're delicious!