MTE SSC P7-C high mode turns off by itself

• Thread starter z_tomjones20194
  • Start date
Z

z_tomjones20194

Tried searching the forum but no luck. So here goes...

I just purchased two MTE SSC P7-C flashlights and Ultrafire 2600mah 3.7V Li-ion batteries. When the lights arrived I checked both with each battery (straight out of package) and high beam and low beam seemed to work fine.

Then I fully charged the batteries and reinstalled. Lights were MUCH brighter on high beam but they only stay on for a few seconds and then shut off by themselves. Low beam works fine. Both lights behave this way.

So then I ran one of the lights on low for a little while to drain the battery some. I then switched to high beam. It ran for about 10 minutes before turning off. Case was very warm (almost too hot to handle). Tried turning it on high again and it stayed on for a few seconds then turned off. I let it cool down overnight and ran it again on high beam. It stayed on for 10 minutes or so then turned off again. Cooled down for about 10 more minutes, turned it back on and it ran for another 60 min until the battery was discharged.

Seems like voltage overdrive issue since it will stay on once the battery is no longer fully charged.

Thoughts?