Trusty Raidfire Spear gone (forever?) -> Anything as good out there at the moment?

Z

z_yves

Hi all, I finally became a CPF member after 4 years of actively browsing these LED forums but never having opened my mouth, until now...

Im sad to announce my first decent LED thrower, RaidFire Spear has been lost for a few months now and Im starting to lose any hope of finding it. I seem to have losing flaslights in my blood, since Ive permanently misplaced three already (also Nitecore DI and D10). However, Spear is the one I seriously regret losing. Its been serving me well, especially when boating in darkness. It could easily spot naval marks from a distance.

Im not in total darkness at the moment, Im currently equipped with Olight M31 and 4D Malkoff drop-in for boating outdoor purposes and RRT-0 as my EDC. Also TK15 is on the way, should arrive today or Monday, so lets see how that completes my palette, especially on the EDC side.

Still, as you guys pretty well know, you can never own too many flashlights:devil:, so Im asking for your advice on todays equivalent to Spear. What I really liked about Spear and what is also my criteria is:

-Same or better throw

-100% flat regulation curve

-1 x 18650

-Pocketable size (I think spear's bezel was 45mm diameter)

-Hi + Low enough, no strobe or SOS needed

I've been amazed to find myself not finding anything with these boundary conditions. My Spear was anyway purchased 3 years ago already, one would think there has been a lot of progress since then. I've been considering Maelstrom G5, Lumintop TD15, classic Diablos A9/A10, Dereelight DBS. I seem to have some issues with all of them, mostly with regulation. I'm quite absolute in demanding a flat curve until the end. I normally always have a backup battery at hand.

Did I miss something in my quest for the perfect pocket thrower? Or was RaidFire Spear just so good...? Thanks for your suggestions already!

yves