Energizer ELMCL11L Lithium LED Metal Flashlight 65lumens 1AA first impressions

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
While stuck with the GF doing some X-mas shopping I wandered upon this light, the

Energizer ELMCL11L Lithium LED Metal Flashlight 65lumens 1AA

...and not expecting much, I decided to buy it, seeing as though I had a defecit of AA lights and it was only $24 at Target (including an uber-cool free Energizer Lithium cell). Well... After installing the included battery, I noticed it was very bright. I took it home and put brand new 1.7V Energizer Lithiums in the Maratac and a 14500 in the Uniquefire:

Maratac Tactical AA (Q5 XR-E)

UniqueFire S10 14500 (R2 XR-E)

...and the Energizer blows them away at only 1.7 volts.

I don't have a lightbox but it noticeably brighter albeit it's absolute horrid donut hole. It is a reverse recessed clicky (so it can tailstand) and is totally silent in operation. It has ramping brightness with no memory (always comes on in high, depress and hold button to ramp back and forth between brightnesses, then release at desired level). The body, while large, feels good in the hand. The relatively small reflector head belies it's throwing capability. I'm guessing either I got lucky, or this is a R2 XR-E ez900 die LED pushed at about 1.4 amps. The rubberized body is nice too and the pocket clip is a nice touch...

SORRY PICTURES COMING SOON!

I left my camera at my sister's house... Once I get around to getting it from her I'll take screentshots... I mean.. Energizer... 65 lumens? For real???