BSD Unix and Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

HAHAHAHAHA! Check this out (unix and arc, what a combo) You can have and flavor of *nix engraved on it. Saaby, OS X? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway I thought thsi was fun to post for anyone using Unix, Linux, etc. and are ArcManiacs like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Except when they get 3.3s where will they put the engraving? Hmmm...

Tomas

Banned
What's even funnier is that my first UNIX III machine back in 1983-84 had a pair of BNC connectors on the backplane to hook it into an ARC LAN with coaxial cables ...

UNIX and ARC go waaaaayyy back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T_sig6.gif

E

EchoSierraTwo

HAHAHAHAHA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Boy do I remember BNC Connectors. My Good ol' Wang days. Main frames and Dummy Terminals. Could it have all been so simple then? Well anyways we better keep it Arc related /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I remember the ARC LANS. WOW!

highlandsun

Enlightened
Hm... If I were a money-hungry litigious type I might send them a cease-and-desist letter since I own the rights to ARC (the ancient file archiver/compressor program) on Unix, and their usage dilutes/confuses trademark issues in this space.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I *do* hope you are kidding that you would even have a case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless you've already sued the company selling software for controlling Arc welders from a Unix workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.