Magcharger problem

OzCorndog

Newly Enlightened
Just a post regarding an issue we have had with our magchargers. Ten new torches were purchased in August 2009 and went online in September 2009. All torches were stored in the charge cradle and left charging except when they were removed for a shift. Generally no more than five were out at any one time and they were removed at random for each shift. At this point in time fourteen transformer packs have been replaced by the Australian distributor as they have failed. The distributor at this stage is unable to say why the transformers had failed. There has been supposition that the cable between the transformer and cradle has been left tied in loop in the supplied Velcro strap and this storage loop which would contain multiple wire loops in close proximity may have caused the charge resistance be more than the transformer could handle causing it to fail. At this stage it is anyone's guess. Just a quick post to let everyone know.

OzCorndog

Newly Enlightened
Been away for a while. Update on this problem. We have now exhanged 26 transformers with the distributor as they have failed. The distributor attrributes the failures to a bad manufacturing batch. Two of the torches have failed to charge when new transformers were fitted and have also been sent away for repair. Whilst these lights (when the transformers work) are pretty good, I will have to invest in a couple of lights, one a belt duty light and another pocket back up one.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I remember this thread. It was fairly post heavy, but posts were lost during big CPF meltdown.

Bill

OzCorndog

Newly Enlightened
We have changed out about 40 odd transformers for our magchargers. The supplier acknowledges the problems and stated that they were advised that one particular batch number appears to be the problem. The thing is that the last lot of transformers I took back had two different batch numbers. Bosses are looking to change to the Pelican 7060