Just pulled the trigger on an Elzetta!

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! This website is hazardous to the wallet!

After all the praise about Malkoff on this site, I had to have one.

So, I picked the Elzetta ZFL-M60-CS3D, which is the 3-cell model with the crenelated bezel and the high/low clicky tailcap. Its about 6 long.

web%203%20cell%20front%20page%20pic.JPG

How could it get any better?

Legendary Malkoff M60 drop-in with optic, perfectly fitted like a glove, into a bomb-proof Elzetta host that is made to fit ONLY the Malkoff drop-ins for perfect contact and thermal management.

So, I consider this the best drop-in with the best host available. The perfect combination!

2.5 hours on high at 235 lumens, and 60 hours on low at 15 lumens. Momentary or clickie, on high or low brightness.

Looks VERY cool too!

I picked the 3-cell because I plan to use primaries, and the 3-cell runs longer, and has a long enough body to hold well, even with gloves on, and runs cooler too.

Comes with the normal Malkoff M60 with optic for an 8-degree beam, and I'm ready to see what comes up in the future for P60 drop-ins from Gene. As they come out, I'll be on the bandwagon for his latest stuff. Might also try the M61 and see how I like that one.

I decided to go for the gusto, and get the highest quality stuff I could get. Everybody talks so highly of the Malkoff stuff that I couldn't stand to not have one any longer. And I have read comments and reviews on CPF and all over the internet about the Elzetta being so awesome in construction quality and function, and it seems like it is even superior to Surefire hosts, and everything made in the US, top to bottom.

I felt that for the money it costs, it wasn't really all that bad of a hit to the wallet, for being as good as it is supposed to be.

So, it's the Elzetta/Malkoff for the primary light, with the HDS U60GT as the pocket/back-up, and I'm figuring that combo is about as good as it gets.

Still loving my new Maelstrom, but I think it's not as heavy duty as this new Elzetta rig.

I'd love to hear some comments about what people think about this decision!