Just got the M6.......

123a

Newly Enlightened
And It seems pretty bright. I used it to light up a few houses and some wooded lots. The Light Cannon is on the way, it should be here on wednesday. Will the LC look brighter at close ranges? Or does the M6 blow it away?
My next question would be if I wanted a much brighter light than the M6, what should I be looking at? I've been eyeing the x990 is there anything brighter in its price range? Thanks, Jeff

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Before you take the pludge for the x990, think about what you think you'll be using it for. I had the x990. It's a great like, however I found that I really never had a need to use something with that much light. With the x990, you can pretty much land airplanes with it.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
I had the x990. It's a great like, however I found that I really never had a need to use something with that much light. With the x990, you can pretty much land airplanes with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">True, Nascar...

But I live out in the country, and it`s comforting to know that I can light up the midnight countryside with my X990 just like the sun at high noon whenever I would need to...or want to.

And besides, although you never really know when you`ll be called upon to light up an airport runway, it`s good to be ready!

smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

123a...

I don`t have a Light Cannon, but I do have several M6`s. I think you`ll find the M6 to be one of the best and brightest flashlights ever made. And if you do end up getting an X990 as well, I think you`ll be extremely pleased with it.

Enjoy!

smile.gif
icon14.gif
smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Again, I think it really depends on the intended usage of the light. If of the two lights (the M6 and the X990), if I could only ever own one of those lights ever, I'd opt for the x990. The M6 is a work of art, however it eats cells like you wouldn't believe. With the x990, you not only get 1-hour + on a charge, it comes with an additional battery. You can now also get the DC car adapter charging unit.