MTE p7-d not from dx

Z

z_jonnyisback

I just bought a MTE P7-D from greg mcgee on ebay. This is my first led light that takes li ions and i was just coming on here to get some opinions and feedback on it. This is supposed to be the actual MTE brand and not a knock off of it from DX.

I fly model aircraft (RC) and had a few li ion packs laying around that are about 2yrs old (only 120 cycles) so i figured why not use them. I cut them open and took the solder tabs off and did a cycle on my computerized charger. on a discharge to 3.5v i got 1700mah out of 2600mah (2300mah usable). Its recharging right now so ill have to post that once its done. (this battery is a 2600mah samsung 18650 non protected liion.)

First of all i would like to give my opinion of the flashlight. It has great build quality, seems very sturdy, glass lens, 5 mode (high,med,low,strobe,sos), its heat sink is about 1/2 visible and a little bigger round than the pcb itself. It has double o-rings which are just the right size on each end and a tactical head. The flashlight also has the option to run either 18650 li ion or 2x 3.0v cr123s.

This is just the info from the flashlight i got, ill be posting some pics of the beam and the flashlight itself. Now for my questions. Will the samsung li-ions im using be fine or should i go with something else. Im pretty used to being around the lithium type batteries but im not sure on the kind of current draw that this p7 led has. Thanks for any help