Favorite flashlight scene in a movie???

RevDavid

Enlightened
What is your favorite flashlight scene in a movie?

I like the scene from ET with all the MIB's chasing ET through the misty forest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Honorable mention... the scene in Poltergeist, where the paranormal investigator sees the steak crawling across the counter, and turns the flashlight into a ghoul-light on his own face, and then... ugh... spits out the chicken leg because...

David <><

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i was wondering the other night i see all 6hease horror movies and there ruinging htrew woods at night i always wonder how they see

guncollector

Enlightened
I always remember the first Jurassic Park where the two children and Sam Neil's character are in the overturned SUV, with a T-Rex sniffing for them.

In a panic, and obviously not thinking very clearly, the young girl very unwisely decides at this point to starting waving a lit flashlight around--attracting shall we say much unwanted attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
guncollector said:
I always remember the first Jurassic Park where the two children and Sam Neil's character are in the overturned SUV, with a T-Rex sniffing for them.

In a panic, and obviously not thinking very clearly, the young girl very unwisely decides at this point to starting waving a lit flashlight around--attracting shall we say much unwanted attention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh YEAH!!! That was a great one!
David <><

RevDavid

Enlightened
Actually, I would like to see a vampire movie, where the bloodsucker sneaks up on an unsuspecting (if not unprepared) flashaholic, and then gets turned to dust by the undeath ray (that's a death ray to the undead) of a Surefire M6 or a Kumkang.

David <><

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
in the 2nd blade movie, they run around using surefire weaponlights to kill vampires too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about in Jaws, when richard dreyfus is diving checking out the boat wreck.. and he pulls the giant shark tooth outta the boat, then lights up the dead body that floats into sight..

i always loved that.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
... in the wonderful movie "Revelation" (a true work of art /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif), there is a very long scene in a crypt where they shine around a Mag and a crappy plastic light and you can clearly see the crappy beams and low output in rich detail for minutes! I loved that, felt so supreme ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not exactly a flashlight (but might at least be battery powered), but toward the beginning of The Fifth Element, the archaeologist is translating images inside a tomb, and he yells to his assistant (played by Luke Perry), "More light, Aziz!" At the same moment the alien spaceship's gate opens and activates a bank of HID-style lights, flooding everything as if by direct sunlight. Then the aliens march out, scaring the wits out of all but the archaeologist (at least initially) because his back is turned to the action; he doesn't know any better...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Also, didn't the FBI agents in X-Files run around with some big spotlight-style rechargeable lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened
Yeah, I remember that scene in The Fifth Element... those dudes must be Supreme Flashaholics.

And that Jaws scene was cool... it reminded me of another scene too, in the movie Signs, where Mel Gibson drops his light in the cornfield, and it GOES OUT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif He should have had a better quality light. The alien almost got him. Shows the true value of a quality light!

As for the Blade movies, I never saw them... but I guess someone else thunk my deep thought before I thunk it. Rats!

David <><

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Well it's not really a movie, but if any of you watch 24, there are some great scenes. Keifer actually uses the Harries method correctly, and usually carries some kind of SF when he's room clearing with his pistol. Great show!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
In US Marshals, Tommy Lee Jones found some evidence to help track down Wesley Snipes. Robert Downy Jr. describes this in an unscheduled c-phone call to his people. "Yeah, he found it with his little flashlight." Tommy put him in cuffs and tells him to get rid of that "nickle plated sissy pistol".

5th Element? I don't think anybody at CPF likes that movie or Milla Jovovich.

"Leeloo Dallas, multi-pass."

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about Darkness Falls? Man, if anything the guy was a flashaholic alright... except his choice in the brand of some of the lights were quite questionable (M*g)... But I watched that quite a while back before I learnt of other quality lights, so I'm not sure what other brand lights he had on him though...

GeoffChan

Enlightened
what about

* Pitch Black, Vin Diesel carrying a 9NT, and Radha Mitchell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

* X2, raid on the school, all those 12v Surefire weaponlights

those come quickly to my head.

Geoff

avusblue

Enlightened
I just watched "Chicago" last night (very fun movie, BTW)and immediately reacted to the scene early on when Amos is being interrogated at the murder scene in his apartment. The assistant DA is shining a big flashlight (some sort of big 'ol silver metal 3 or 4 D light) in his face, for much of the scene, and you can clearly see the "Mag style" focusing rings and donuts in its crappy beam!!

Dave

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

It's not in a movie but the show "That 70's Show" The episode where Red takes Kitty parking and a cop shows up at the car window to roust them thinking they're a bunch of horny teenagers. The cop is using what looks like a mag 3D and a lensed end bulb. I could tell because the filament and bulb were so far off center that the "grinwurst" projected filament image was about a foot off enter of the main beam hotspot. When I pointed out this astute observation to my wife, she gave me the look that said "You're a geek but I love you anyway."

Wilkey

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stanley,
I know that he had at least one or two Surefire 9N's. The one he gave to the little boy was a 9N. mags wouldn't be too bad if they would have been Magchargers, and the rest modded with LED's.

In the X-Files, they used Maxa-Beam's.

I was almost shocked to see the cops in the beginning of National Security (yeah, the comedy with Martin Lawrence) using the Harries technique correctly. Only crappy mags though.