No need for further flashlight advancement for the average Joe?

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking that with the current runtime ,size,brightness and toughness available in flashlights these days, how much further forward do we need to move to satisfy our portable lighting demands? I mean we have lights that pump out well over 100 lumens that are small enough that some people complain that they are too small to be held securely. These same lights use bombproof emitters that last ridiculously long before they burn out. Also, these lights can adjust to produce as little or as much light light as a normal person could require for virtually any lighting task.

Now, I know that there will always be people who demand more output and longer runtime in small packages. But for the average person that just wants a pocket or purse portable light source, I think that we are pretty much good to go.

What do you guys and gals think? When is enough enough for general use?

(Please note that Im not asking whether or not the true hardcore lumenfreaks that need a portable sun in their pocket are satisfied with current technology.I know that they are not and never will be, and thats great. We need people pushing the envelope and I respect those that do.)