Quark MiNi 123 XM-L

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw this and thought I'd share it with everyone. This may be the very first production light to use an XM-L emitter. Looks like they're calling it a MiNi X. This one is a MiNi 123. Should be VERY floody for all you flood lovers out there:

Clicky

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark MiNi XM-L

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with everyone. This may be the very first production light to use an XM-L emitter. Looks like they're calling it a MiNi X. Should be VERY floody for all you flood lovers out there:

Clicky

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Quark MiNi XM-L

The tread died..
Reposting my photos of the nude mini x :)

img5348web2.jpg

img5350web1.jpg

img5358web3.jpg

Got a neutral xm-l from cutter yesterday. Emitter swap took 10 min. I think I own the only neutral mini x in the word :naughty: The board from cutter was 0.5mm thicker than the original led. So i got a o,5mm gap betveen the head and body when on/tightened. The nice tint makes up for the gap.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

You could run the board back and forth across a file or sandpaper to take that 0.5mm off, for a better fit. I did that with a similar swap.

pinetree89

Enlightened

Very interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what is the technique for disassembling the head? Does it use threadlocker? Or is it just threaded in there?

T45

Enlightened

Very interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what is the technique for disassembling the head? Does it use threadlocker? Or is it just threaded in there?

I would like to know how changing out the emitter is done too. The greenish tint of my Mini 123 XM-L is the only thing I don't care for. That is one neat little light! Does "Cutter" have any more neutral emitters in XM-L?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

They must, I got a light modded by VestureOfBlood and it's nuetral in tint instead of cool white. :thumbsup: a warmer XML is awesome FYI

Thefo

Newly Enlightened

I'm curious about this too since I an XPG-R5 Mini 123

dxerdave

Newly Enlightened

How did you remove the thermal adhesive?

I have a similar light I want to swap out the led but there is allot of the adhesive in there and I don't want to damage anything.

Not much room to work with either.

It looks great by the way.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got lucky and recived a mini with no treadlock, so opening it was no problem :)
The led is held in place by the plastic sentering ring, really easy to swap the led if you can open it.

Cutter got neutral xm-l's yes.

This thing is a beast running on AW IMR :)
Also adding the old beamshots.

Quark Mini xm-l t6 running AW IMR 16340.
img5400web6.jpg

Oveready triple xp-g r4
img5398web5.jpg

This little thing can play with the big boys :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

How long would you feel safe running it on an IMR? I would think it would over heat in seconds. :p

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I usually run it a minute or two. Outside in the cold it dont heat up that that fast, and helps keep the fingers warm for a little longer :) Just have to keep a firm grip. If i tailstand it, i can see the output drop after 30 sek and its really hot after1 min. The medium mode puts out a good amount of light with no heat issue. and it doesent eat your battery as fast. The full blast is there if you really want the pocket rocket to take off :)

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you have to desolder the old emitter from the PCB and put the new one on, or did it come on its own board?

2many

Newly Enlightened
This is the next light on my list. Thanks for all of the mod ideas and info. :thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I stopped by to see if anyone was hot rodding their MiNi on an IMR cell. Sure enough some have tried it. Thanks for sharing your results and info. :)