Good or bad? Manufacturer Completely Out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tandem

Enlightened
This pertains to a specific light maker but the question I'm asking is more of a general nature: if you are shopping for a light from a particular production not custom maker of flashlights, and all of their lights are out of stock, would you be concerned? Or would you chalk this up as a sign that the company is doing hugely well and is healthy and alive?

I'll launch off - for a production flashlight manufacturer to be completely out of stock of all current shipping models, even older models and clearance items - this seems like a yellow flag of warning to me if not a red hold-it-right-there flag. It tells me that they are either incredibly bad at forecasting demand, or bad at managing production, or bad at managing contract suppliers, or having cash flow problems or on their way out of business, or perhaps some or all of the above.

What do you think? Try to answer this without thinking of a specific maker - just consider the situation and decide if it warrants extra concern or is somehow a good thing.

The maker whose stock situation started me thinking and prompted me to start this thread? Zebralight.

Status
Not open for further replies.