Guys, help me out here please, I have this little modded light.....

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I have this simple light that has been modded and for the last three years I can not find anything thats close to the output this thing has!

All it is is a Surefire E1b with the TIR that another member member installed a turned down DX 11074 6P style drop in into the head. Its an old Cree Q5 LED running off of a single IMR 123. This thing has the throw that none of my other single or even double IMR123 battery powered lights get close to, well some of the 2x123 will I guess. It has a nice tight spot with perfect ring free hot spot and just a little spill for up close work.

I kid you not I have tried at least 20 different single 123 lights against it in the last 3 years or so. production lights and customs.

Recently I have bought two different custom lights with the SST-50 LED's in them and on high they still dont come close. They both put out some light but its a huge spot with tons of spill, dont throw very well.

So two questions, can you guys recomend something small, single 123, cool host, etc...That I can buy? I recently got some of the new E series tower style drop in's and they also are not near as bright or have the throw that my current light has. I also dont care about run time. I think the runtime on my current light is like 20 min on high. I use high alot but only for short periods of time and it will last a month before I have to recharge the cell.

Second does anyone make a single 123 head in Ti that will accept a SF E series stock type drop in? If it will fit the stock size drop in it will fit this custom one I have.

I really like this light but I am tired of the SF host, just never really cared for the big head and or body. Ti would be a plus. I currently use a cool little back Vital gear body with forward clicky. I just dont care for the shape and size of the SF stock head.With all the new stuff coming out I thought by now there would be a better brighter LED by now.

Thanks

Matt