TD15 versatility. Your contenders?

entoptics

Enlightened
My Lumintop TD15 with 2 extenders has taken the cake for battery versatility in my collection, and really, probably most collections.

What other lights do you guys know of that can equal or beat this...

18650 (1-2)*

18500 (2)

17670 (1-2)*

16340 (2-4)

14500 (2)

10440 (3)

123 (2-4)

AA (2)**

AAA (3)***

* Single cell = direct drive on max, short period of regulation on high.

** Low and not quite medium only.

*** Regulated perfectly on fresh cells, haven't done runtime tests to see if it drops out as voltage sags (presumably it will).

Caveats.

1) I only have confirmed 18650x1, 14500x2, AAx2, and AAx3. The rest are either manufacturer specs, or inferred from my testing successes.

2) 14500/AA sized batteries work with no spacer, but couldn't be considered reliable due to the big tube diameter and small battery diameter. They work with no spacer and my shaking tests were OK, but I wouldn't rely on them.

3) AAA/10440 cells almost CERTAINLY require a spacer. Diameter is too small to reliably align the contacts, and any shaking would likely break the contact.

I made a spacer today out of PVC fittings with 2x14500 in mind (1 extender). It suffices to align 3xAAA OK (2 extenders), and shaking tests have been passable thus far. Wouldn't rely on it, but usable in a pinch. With some ingenuity, a 3xAAA (10440) spacer would be easy enough to fashion.

Anyway, what lights do you guys know of that eat such a huge variety of cuisine with very little modifications (e.g. tape, rolled up paper, cheap homemade spacer, etc.).

The lumintop body extenders are well thought out and clever, but I assume there's others out there.