Olight M20S with XP-G S2 LED

Hevy Lite

Newly Enlightened
Just received my M20S with S2 from Going Gear. I now have a chance to evaluate the possible flicker from the PWM drive myself!

I do not see any flicker under normal usage conditions. It is easy to see the flicker with fast movement both in a mirror and on the floor if you move the light fast enough.

The bright beam has a well defined hot spot with a broad corona and relatively bright spill area. The colors of the beam elements are interesting when projected onto a wall. We do not have a pure white wall so the color evaluation is highly subjective.

The hot spot has a pure white look with a slight donut hole which is likely a slightly yellow spot. This is not visible in everyday use. Reflector is a light orange peel.

The corona has a definite yellow or slightly green tinge similar to the donut hole. Then the spill area has a very slight violet tint.

All in all however the overall beam is very useful and none of the artifacts of form or color are visible under everyday conditions.

As others have stated the side button is a little hard to find, but the normal position of the clip is next to the side button and I believe it will be easy enough to find with some practice.

I purchased this light primarily for use on high and for the easy access to strobe (Tactical use if we need a term!). I am pleased that it is serviceable for any use and could recommend this light.