Quark AAx2, 123x2, Eagletac T20c2 MKII (ALL XP-G R5), Romisen RC-U4 (Q5) Reviews

Z

z_Jthe5th

In the spot:

img8836a.jpg

From left to right :

Eagletac T20C2 MKII (XP-G R5), 4sevens Quark AAx2 (XP-G R5), Romisen RC-U4 (XR-E Q5), 4Sevens Quark 123x2 (XP-G R5)

I will not get into technical specifications of each flashlight, what I want is to share my opinions on these flashlights and mostly to share my timelapse runtime videos.

Eagletac T20C2 MKII

The supplied CR123 Tube fits with Energizer CR123A, Duracell Ultra CR123A

Doesn't fit with 4Sevens CR123A, which are the cheapest CR123A that I could buy.

These are the CR123A brands that I've tried with.

I am somehow disappointed how the head and tail cap threads are. The tail cap thread gets very loosen and unbalanced after 2-3 unscrew moves. Suggestion - Head thread could be a bit extended. The Romisen RC-U4 thread feels very solid and I like the fact that I feel tension almost until the flashlight parts are completely detached. Quite the opposite with the T20C2 MKII, and the Romisen RC-U4 is cheap.

The Clip provided with the Eagletac is not the best quality, the sides could look better, It looks like paint slightly dripped. The clip somehow scratched the body of the flashlight, just by being there on the flashlight, not even being used.

The package that it comes with, is prone to scratch the flashlight if not handled with great care.

Olight M20 box is very nice compared with Eagletac.

The emitter is not centered. I noticed this in the first second I have unboxed the flashlight.

When you are trying to take off the anti-roll rubber ring, it smudges off the grease from the tail body thread. After 5 of this actions you have to re-grease the thread.

Emitter is not perfectly centered:

img88081.jpg

The best build flashlight in the world, they say, I do not agree with this statement.

What I like is the design, I like the size, I like the fact it's a mix between flood and throw.

Nice output selection 300/60/5 OTF lumens.

Has excellent + contact with the Button cells because of the design. The head spring ends with a metal pill and the plastic on the side of this pill keeps the battery from side slipping. Even better for the batteries with the CR123 tube. This + contact design apparently is the one that doesn't allow it to work with flat tops, at least for some users.

Both of my AW 2900 mAh work with this light. One of the cell always works no matter how I screw the tail cap. The other one sometimes doesn't work until I loosen and tighten back the tail cap and then it works for hours. Depending on the temperature of the flashlight , when handled with carelessness and jerked the flat top batteries might lose contact for a split second , so the light goes off for that split second.

Runtimes MAX:

AW 2900 mAh - 1st cell

AW 2900 mAh - 2nd cell

4Sevens Quark AAx2

It's my favourite light. I like the fact that it uses 2xAA, which are widely available. The moonlight is just superb, when I am in a total darkness room for example, in the middle of the night I point the light towards the ceiling and have enough light not to bumb into things and the light is perfect for dilated pupils., like the moment when you wake up in the night.

Excellent build quality, threads and everything.

The NiMH Rechargeable give constant light output for their runtime. Nice.

I like the buck/boost circuit.

Strange issue when tested the flashlight with Sony 2500 mAh NiMH in a cold room, about 10 Celsius, the rubber from the tail cap swollen greatly and had pressure built up. I could not turn the flashlight off, I had to unscrew the tailcap. When I did that, it sounded like a balloon deflating fast. I haven't done any other tests with this flashlight in the same conditions again so I do not know if this is going to happen again. But it's not nice. See the pic.

img9086o.jpg

All Runtimes and Beamshots have been taken on Manual exposure.

What you see in yellow is the time of the day when the pictures have been taken. All pictures have been taken at 2 minutes time distance .

Runtimes MAX:

Alkaline:

Duracell regular 50 min

Energizer regular 1:10 min

SkyRed - first set under 2 min

SkyRed - second set under 2 min

Lithium:

Energizer Ultimate Lithium L91 2:44 min

NIMH:

Sony 2500 mAh - first set 1:24 min

Sony 2500 mAh - second set 1:18 min

Sony 2500 mAh - first set Rerun 1:24 min

Powerex 2700 mAh - first set 1:50 min

Powerex 2700 mAh - second set 1:42 min

Powerex 2700 mAh - third set 1:52 min

Powerex 2700 mAh - forth set 1:53 min

Romisen RC-U4

Built like a tank so to speak. Feels and fits great in hand.

Not much else to tell about this light.

The beam pattern has the rings effect. Flashlight gets very hot when is at full power, if on for 20 minutes for example.

What I do not like is the fact that the modes are always changing when you turn the flashlight on. If I used the full power and turn it off it will turn on in low power mode, then If I turn the low power off, next time when I turn the flashlight on it starts on strobe mode, and so on.

But this is not a big inconvenient for the price.

The flashlight can use 3xAAA, 2xCR123A, 1x18650, 2 x 16340. Pretty nice.

While doing the tests I've had to leave the flashlight to someone, so that's why no beamshots.

Runtime

AW 2900 mAh

4sevens Quark 123x2

Perfect size. I like the max output and the specified runtimes in general, having the moonlight is just excellent. Same great regards as the AAx2 about built quality.

Sadly no runtime for this flashlight yet. For almost month now I should received my CR123A from UK, maybe in January. That's the reason I do not have any CR123A runtime tests.

Intended reach for the flashlight beams is 70 meters. The Quarks reach that distance, but it's really hard to see.( If I go at that 70 meters spot I could easily see and manage to walk around, but from the flashlight's stand is very hard to see anything). The T20C2 MKII is very good at this distance, could go beyond that but there are the trees; I can easily see from the flashlight's stand.

Beamshots - Max Output

4Sevens Quark AAx2

img0588800.jpg

4Sevens Quark 123x2

img0590800.jpg

Eagletac T20C2 MKII

img0593800.jpg

Crops Max Output:

4Sevens Quark AAx2

img0590c800.jpg

4Sevens Quark 123x2

img0590c800.jpg