Deploying to Afghanistan need help with light

Z

z_naughtymonkey69

I am new to this I am looking for a flashlight that is water proof, shock resistant take temps from high in the snow cap mountains to the hot deserts of Afghanistan had a BRINKMANN 82010250 my last 2 tours and held up well but looking for something with more throw and must pierce thru fog

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter. Unless I can find one in the PX

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest!

Less than $100.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

LED or Incandescent

6) Manufacturer:

I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) or lithium primary batteries (CR123, CR2, Energizer Advanced/Ultimate Lithium AA/AAA)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

I want to have 10-150 lumens

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

From Less than 1 yard/meter (reading, other close work)

to 150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

AT leas 30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

Tactical

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)

Don't know enough about this one movement tacticly wise I want a programmable light.

I want a selector ring.

If it comes with it not needing it I want a strobe mode. (Blinks to show location.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating I like this but willing to change if need be Plastic/composite body (this may limit your choices significantly).

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below. Looks interesting "Hybrid" light (bright incandescent combined with long running LEDs)

AND thank you in Advance