It's all my Dad's fault (pics!)

cjs4760

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks. Long time no post.

So last month I fly back to my parents house to help them out as my Mom recovers from knee replacement surgery. My travel torch is this LEGO of a Nitecore Extreme head, Mirage_Man 18650 tube, and standard Aleph tailcap:

NEX_MM_Aleph_DSC_2543.jpg

It came in quite handy for some work I did up in the house and garage attics for my Dad. Now, he's got the old Maglight 3 or 4xD monster incan, and when he see what the Nitecore will throw, and its size and the feel of the MM body, he's really taken with it.

Well, I love my parents dearly, but there's no sense in spending the bucks on a custom flashlight for him. I decide though that he would benefit from one of the modern 2xAA stock lovelies that are available today. Two modes, low for indoors, garage/basement/attic type stuff, and high for outdoors.

I settled on:

new_lights_DSC_8686.jpg

new_lights_DSC_8690.jpg

I always liked the look of the older faceted body EagleTac P and T series - and it doesn't hurt that their engineered in the USA, from my Dad's point-of-view.

With the P100A2 on the market now, the P10A2 seemed harder to find, but I did find it at Flashlightconnection.com.

But DARN THEM if they didn't have some closeout pricing on a couple more torches that hopped in the box with my Dad's P10A2:

new_lights_DSC_8693.jpg

new_lights_DSC_8698.jpg

I think I got the last of the EZ123 there. But it was a no-brainer, $40 each for the T10L (now my 2nd carrier for 18650s) and the EZ123 - my new EDC!

So, I'm blaming my Dad, but I'm not upset at all :whistle:

-Chris