Power's back on after 22 hour power failure in Nova Scotia

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Well, the power's finally back after a 22 hour power failure here in Nova Scotia. I live in a small rural community called Coldbrook, in the Annapolis Valley which is about a 1 hour drive west of Halifax. The weather has been quite unusual this month. During the power failure, the temperature was about 15C (about 59F). We had gale force winds for extended periods. Lots of trees were toppled, causing property damage and traffic delays.

Luckily, even without power, the temperature in my small apartment did not fall below 19.5 C (67F). For illumination, I relied on 4 lights: a 2D cell LED light from Elektrolumens in a classic right-angle head design (the name of it escapes me - it's an update of an old US army light) directed at the ceiling. The second is my 4AA cell-powered eternaLight which uses four 5 mm LEDs and my 2AA powered 4Sevens Titanium Preon, which I had at its middle level, pointed at the fridge in my apartment which produced an amazing amount of reflected light. For walking about, I used my 4Sevens 1AAA cell Preon Revo.

Needless to say, I was not at a loss for light!!