Maglite advertising on Australian TV

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Well I nearly fell off my chair :eek:

Just watching a bit of TV on Foxtel (Australian pay for view) and saw a Maglite add.

I am not a big one for watching TV but how long have Torch/Flashlight manufacturers been advertising on mainstream TV? I remember years ago seeing some Dolphin adds but that is about it. Have I just been living in my own selective world or is this new ground?

Looks like the add is of US origin with a semi running over a Mag D size and then a small feature about the XL100 with 7 Function switch.

I honestly would not have thought the distributors down under would have the market to consider advertising on mainstream media, I know LED Lenser are advertising big time in the hunting magazines (to which most Australian hunters are totally unaware of other high end manufacturers). Surefire gets a few adds here and there in some of the tactical publications and I have seen the odd Fenix/Olight etc add usually placed by the retailer not the distributors in some tactical magazines. These specialty publications are not what I would consider mainstream so I am still gobsmacked about the Maglite TV flick! :wow: