HID beam color from a bulb possible?

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I've been selling Mag 2C/3x123 mods to guys at work and one of my customers wanted to know if I could make one with a beam that resembled the color of an HID car headlight. He also liked the color of my L4. Can anyone think of a way to do this without building an expensive 5W LS light?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can tell you honestly, that i probably could tell people that my Lambda Minilite was an HID light and they would believe me! (except of course flashaholics, they would no better) It uses a Q2J-slight violet hue when compared with my other luxeons but certainly awesome!

Entropy

Enlightened
If your goal is "HID" color from an incandescent - A bluish filter over the lens will achieve this. In photography they are referred to as "cooling" filters, and there are some that are designed specifically to alter the color temperature of incandescent lighting to match that of daylight. (Needed for good color balance in film photography).

There are automotive bulbs (those annoying pseudo-HIDs loved by ricers) that have this bluish filtering built in.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
closet thing would be HID or LED.
Other wise the color filter thing won't look exactly like HID. It might make the beam more white but it won't have that tint and it will be less white in the center etc..

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Alan Hsu said:
The beam or its color from Lambda's Megalite looks very much like an HID light.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that is true as well(U4T bin)

Latest posts