Lumapower Incendio V3+ XP-G R5 Arrived just now - impressions

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Well I was excited to see the post man this morning as I saw he had my torch!!

Upon opening box looked ok, not as fancy as the fenix but its just a box. Accessories not bad, O rings black tail cap etc.

Now the torch, mmm... Well it looks nice dont get me wrong but I am not sat here like a big kid all excited as I normally am when a torch arrives. Build quality on the body looks ok, tail clip seems good (is it supposed to move round the body?) but the LED looks cheaply fitted, I think its the white plastic you can see and mine seems to have flecks of white plastic in the emitter sort of stuck to the reflector. They move if you tap it.

I unscrewed to put the battery in and upon screwing it back the O ring was half in and half out mashed up. Unscrewed it and re screwed it very slowly this seemed to do the trick.

Ok on to the brightness, interface isnt like I have used before so took me a minute to figure it out but got there in the end. Once sorted I put it on full power and compared it to my Zebralight SC30 - first thing I notice is the light gets hot with in 30 seconds!!! I honestly think if you tried to use this on full for more than 1 minute it would be too hot to handle (Main reason I got shut of my Surefire)

Is this normal for it to heat up so quickly? I know its bright (was using an AW rechargeable) but my god what's the point of 350 lumens if you burn yourself trying to use it?

I wish the Jetbeam had of been in stock - or may be I should have followed my Fenix heart I dunno. Might be judging it too quick - its my edc now anyway so I will give it some time

Catherine

Latest posts