Pic's O'mcModules

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Pic\'s O\'mcModules

Here are some pics of my V2T from mcCharlie and my V3U that I put together.

Enjoy,

Shon

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Pic\'s O\'mcModules

You can really tell a 2 from a 3 bin with these lights. Their throw is the same to my eye. If anyone in the DFW area has a light meter, I would like the check them sometime.(PM me)

You can see my soldering is not as good as Charlie's so I put a little Artic Alumina on the + side..Didn't want to risk shorting to the reflector.

Excellent product worth the time and effort.

PS: It also gave me an excuse to buy a new Hako 936 soldering station...He He...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Ah yes, the "3" Bin Code speaks for itself! Nice job Shon!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Sorry, no light meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But if you see a familiar looking spotlight with a pure white color in the sky coming from North Fort Worth next week, it's me playing with my new 7,900 Lux SN II. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

You can answer back if you want to... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now I'm confused. Can you get 2AA batteries in there lengthwise? I thought the PM6 was strictly 2 123. Or are you using an A19 but it just isn't in the pic? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

x.jpg

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

123's tip to but end with the gap hidden behind the heads. Makes it look longer. If you look close, AA's would be much narrower in relation to the PM6's bodies.

-Jason

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes,

Thanks to Snewt1's TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) modification, it is now possible to fit AAs, Ds or even lantern batteries into a PM6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif However, as this mod is in the prototype stage, it is recommended that 123s are utilized as the weight of the power source remains the same (hopefully this issue will be addressed in the future). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously now, nice job Snewt1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Keep up the good work.

Dan

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened

Ah...I see my conversation piece....He.He...worked!

I've been working on the TARDIS theory for some time now. Here is a quick overview of how it works:

1) Determine the cylindrical volume needed.
2) Take any available HP 48 and slam as hard as possible into your forehead. Count stars..(GX's give the brightest stars.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
3) Take the square of that number and multiply times itself.
4) This is the force in Snewtons needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
5) Determine the amount of time (T=Time) you will need to exit the room prior to Step 6!
6) Ask your wife (or husband) who in their family(R=Relative) will make up the "m" in F=ma (keep it simple, only drop them a meter.)
7) On your way out of the room try to ask if said relative is free to help with your "Flashoholic project."
8) Consider where you went wrong as you examine the space you now must live in. (S=Space=Doghouse) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

On second thought, seek professional help when applying the TARDIS method! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

NOTE: Not responsible for lost or damaged foreheads, calculators, or relationships.

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened

I almost forgot, thanks to the MC'guys...they did all the work, I just ordered parts and soldered a little.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Snewt1 said:
PS: It also gave me an excuse to buy a new Hako 936 soldering station...He He...

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent! Now you're as cool as me! I really like my 936. I've bought all kinds of fancy extra tips, but I keep going back to the one it came with. Seems to be the best all-around tip out there!