Mac's SST-50 EDC...My Thoughts

Tiresius

Enlightened
So my Mac's SST-50 EDC arrived in the mail today. Sadly, it's still day time. But already, I can see how bright this pocket rocket can get.

My deepest apologies, this light will be scratched and whatnot. I didn't get a light to baby and treat like a Ferrari. This light will suffer some scratches and more likely, body damages.

It will be helping me locate apartment numbers and walkways in the apartment complexes. The other day, I tripped over some kids booby trap. He was laughing when I kicked the fishing lines and fell over. That hurted, TBH.

What my thoughts are:

There is no dip in the feel between the head and the body. The seam is evenly machined. The body weighs slightly heavier as my ITP A2--maybe the weight of a house key more.

It is bulkier than my old Qmini123 but hey, it's much sturdier--just looking at it. I kind of regret not getting the tail clip but oh well.

The emitter...Its exactly what everyone said. There is a very slight donut in the very center of the hot spot. Only noticeable if youve paid attention to beam patterns like Surefires. A slight dark, cree like ring youd usually see from the Fenix TK20 but it is more closer to the edge of the spill. The shape of the spill is a Squareish figure if you actually pay close attention to it.

The 4500k tint is amazing. Not as nasty of a ****-yellow tint you'd see in Qmini warm. Much more white-ish yellow than orangish yellow.

The O-ring between the head and body is firm like that of a Surefire's. It's got a very tight seal.

The threads are firm and doesn't have any freeplay like all my other lights.

Umm...my only complaint is the quality of this light is so well made and the finish is very smooth that I don't really want to take it out to use. But a light is just a tool to aid us in whichever way we are pleased with.

Overall, this light is pure beauty and precision work.

Will be taking photos when I get home after work.