• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Maglite 'Stubby' Kit For Large Li-Ion 32600

jayrob

Enlightened
Edit: Forget this mod... I have an XML 'Stubby' mod shown at the bottom of the first post in this thread: :)
FS: 1000 Lumen XML Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Maglite D 'Stubby'

Here's a cool little mod that I did for setting up a large capacity single Li-Ion Maglite...

* Using a high capacity 32600 (or 32650, or 26650)

* And a Terralux Cree LED (TLE 6EXB) emitter

Mag Stub 1.jpg

Basically a really nice capacity, very nice Maglite finish, and heavy duty side button forward clicky in a shortened configuration!

Nice to have a 6000mAh capacity battery that won't leak like an Alkaline...

Just check the battery voltage once in a while to make sure it doesn't get over discharged if your battery is unprotected... (Until you get the feel for how long it will go between charges)

Emitter:

TLE-6EXB items - Get great deals on Sporting Goods, Electronics items on eBay.com!

The TLE 6EXB emitter, is made to just replace the stock bulb. It's an easy change out! :cool:

Mag Stub 7.jpg

It is the 140 lumen LED that is set up for 3 to 4.5 volts. (the driver is inside the emitter housing) This is perfect for the large capacity 32600 single Li-Ion.

So it's not a super bright light. But it will have a really great run time. (like about 10 hours) And still be fairly bright. Plus the nice sizing of the light, and a rechargeable Li-Ion that won't leak like an Alkaline... :)

Here's some battery sources:

I have 6000mAh 32650's here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-feilong-6000mah-32650-li-ion-batteries-71201.html

Here's a source for 26650's:

LiMnNi Rechargeable 26650 Cell: 3.7V 4000 mAh, 10A rated 14.8Wh - UN Approved (NDGR)

If you go with a 26650, I have the perfect size fiberglass tubing to make a sleeve that is available with the kit. (see pricing below)

Charger:

If you don't want to mess with magnets and spacers while charging, you will need this charger:

Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger

Mag Stub 2.jpg

Mag Stub 3.jpg

Mag Stub 4.jpg

Mag Stub 5.jpg

Mag D 3.jpg

Maglite 2 D available colors...

Mag D colors.jpg

Pricing for basic 'Stubby' kit:

* Maglite 2 D host - $29 (or send me your Maglite - any D size Maglite can be cut down)

* Fiberglass sleeve for 26650 if needed - $7

* Re-size the host as shown above - $28

* Shipping will be based on PayPal fees plus postage. (PM for total)

Hope you like it! :)

P.S. I have some Maglite monster laser kits as well! Shown here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs...cky-57278.html

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Maglite D 'Stubby'

Edit: See here for this same mod using the CREE XML-2 emitter for 1000 lumens! :D
FS: 1000 Lumen XML-2 Maglite Modification with Voltage Monitor Option!

Here's a cool little mod that I did for setting up a large capacity single Li-Ion Maglite...

* Using a high capacity 32600 (or 32650, or 26650)

* And a Terralux Cree LED (TLE 6EXB) emitter

Mag%20Stub%201.jpg

Basically a really nice capacity, very nice Maglite finish, and heavy duty side button forward clicky in a shortened configuration!

Nice to have a 5000mAh capacity battery that won't leak like an Alkaline...

Just check the battery voltage once in a while to make sure it doesn't get over discharged if your battery is unprotected... (Until you get the feel for how long it will go between charges)

Emitter:

TLE-6EXB items - Get great deals on Sporting Goods, Electronics items on eBay.com!

The TLE 6EXB emitter, is made to just replace the stock bulb. It's an easy change out! :cool:

Mag%20Stub%207.jpg

It is the 140 lumen LED that is set up for 3 to 4.5 volts. (the driver is inside the emitter housing) This is perfect for the large capacity 32600 single Li-Ion. So it's not a super bright light. But it will have a really great run time, and still be fairly bright. Plus the nice sizing of the light...

Here's some battery sources:

Here's one source for 32600's:

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDeta...ProductID=2708

Here's another source for 32600's:

32600 3.7V 5000mAh D Li-ion Cell [E4753] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock

Here's a source for 26650's:

LiMnNi Rechargeable 26650 Cell: 3.7V 4000 mAh, 10A rated 14.8Wh - UN Approved (NDGR)

If you go with a 26650, I have the perfect size fiberglass tubing to make a sleeve that is available with the kit. (see pricing below)

Mag%20Stub%202.jpg

Mag%20Stub%203.jpg

Mag%20Stub%204.jpg

Mag%20Stub%205.jpg

Mag%20D%203.jpg

Maglite 2 D available colors...

Mag%20D%20colors.jpg

Pricing for basic 'Stubby' kit:

* Maglite 2 D host - $35 (or send me your Maglite - any D size Maglite can be cut down)

* Fiberglass sleeve for 26650 if needed - $7

* Re-size the host as shown above - $20

* Shipping will be based on PayPal fees plus postage. (PM for total)

Hope you like it! :)

P.S. I have some Maglite monster laser kits as well! Shown here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs...cky-57278.html

Maglite P7:

I don't know if it has already been shown, but I will soon show a really easy modification for a P7 emitter. Using a Maglite 2D, with 2 X 32600 Li-Ions, and a drop in P7 module that is an aluminum reflector with a copper heatsink for the P7 emitter.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14413

Also a glass lens for the front!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25231

Last edited:

shiekh

Newly Enlightened
1 D cell Magllte stubby

Does anyone make a stubby for 1 D Cell? (the Maglite LED still works at this voltage)

jayrob

Enlightened

double0thirteen

Newly Enlightened
Re: 1 D cell Magllte stubby

Hi,
Can you do 2 x 32650's to maximize the 4-6D Malkoff dropins?

double0thirteen

Newly Enlightened
Re: 1 D cell Magllte stubby

Hope your builds went well!

They are excellent Jay, thanks!

I'll email you some pics asap :thumbsup:

I like the versatility of switching from a drop-in back to Incan mode and vice versa.

Last edited: