Inova X5-UVT vs. X5-WUVT

SenderGreen

Newly Enlightened
I hope this wasn't common knowledge or a repost. I couldn't find anything on here recently when I was trying to figure it out.

Inova X5-UVT 395 wavelength LED's (Purple/Vilolet to the naked eye)

Inova X5-WUVT 365-400 wavelength LED's (Bluish/Vilolet to the naked eye)

The difference in color to the naked eye is blatant when compared side by side. The X5-UVT may appear to emit more visible light. However I think this because the X5-WUVT emits more of it's light in the non-visible spectrum, which is good.

The X5-UVT can't properly illuminate the hidden state flag on a California ID card or drivers license. The X5-WUVT can. Also, although I have never tried, I read the X5-UVT can't properly illuminate the UV strip in a $100.00 bill because they are intended to be used with a 370 wavelength UV light. The X5-WUVT does emit 370 wavelength so that should be no problem for it either.

It looks like Inova fixed any drawbacks with the X5-UVT with the X5-WUVT. I have both and would reccomend the X5-WUVT over the X5-UVT. I wonder if the W in the part number stands for Wide (spectrum)?

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone interested. There are two different models with different part numbers that look identical when not in use. One may be more useful to you than the other.

SenderGreen

Newly Enlightened
I hope this wasn't common knowledge or a repost. I couldn't find anything on here recently when I was trying to figure it out.

Inova X5-UVT 395 wavelength LED's (Purple/Vilolet to the naked eye)

Inova X5-WUVT 365-395 wavelength LED's (Bluish/Vilolet to the naked eye)

The difference in color to the naked eye is blatant when compared side by side. The X5-UVT may appear to emit more visible light. However I think this because the X5-WUVT emits more of it's light in the non-visible spectrum, which is good.

The X5-UVT can't properly illuminate the hidden state flag on a Califonia ID card or drivers license. The X5-WUVT can. Also, although I have never tried, I read the X5-UVT can't properly illuminate the UV strip in a $100.00 bill because they are intended to be used with a 370 wavelength UV light. The X5-WUVT does emit 370 wavelength so that should be no problem for it either.

It looks like Inova fixed any drawbacks with the X5-UVT with the X5-WUVT. I have both and would reccomend the X5-WUVT over the X5-UVT. I wonder if the W in the part number stands for Wide (spectrum)?

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone interested. There are two different models with different part numbers that look identical when not in use. One may be more useful to you than the other.