Looking for advice - single cell clicky

Z

z_Hodaka

Hi all! I'm looking to get a small, single cell clicky for EDC. I currently am carrying a PD20 R2, and have been kind of spoiled by it's max brightness, but would like something a little smaller. So, I've been exploring 1X AA and 1X AAA units, with an interest specifically in units that play nicely with Li-Ion.

I already have an ITP EOS A3 Ti and a Fenix LD01 SS, but neither seems to fill my need for output - not to mention they will not play well with 3.7v batts and are not clickys.

hodaka

Newly Enlightened
I ended up getting a TLR Titanium, in case anyone is interested in the outcome. Nice light, hardly notice it in my pocket.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC light is a Quark AA, and it is built to run on a Li-ion 14500 producing 200 lumens. You can get either the regular UI (where you cycle through each output setting) or you can get the tactical UI (where you program the two settings - head tight & head loose - from 5 outputs & 3 blinky outputs.) Also, you can get a deep carry pocket clip for it as well. - ClickHere

A great AAA keychain light that many run on Li-ion 10440s is the ITP A3 EOS - ClickHere

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about a neutron, how's the ui compared to a Quark?
I miss my Fenix LD10 with a 14500 battery in it it's as bright as the LD20.
Don't like the smooth reflectors on the new ones though

Anyone know were they still sell the Q5 wth OP reflector?

Last edited:

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Lumapower Trust Model-1 is pretty good too. 350 lumens and the UI is pretty good.
There's also the new JetBeam BC10 at 270 lumens and the ThruNite Neutron 1C at 255 lumens. All nice lights, single cell lights, bright and clickys.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Selfbuilt tested the Thrunite 1C at 310 lumens on CR123-and 450 on RCR ! :) (Thats the turbo) Their high mode is just as bright as the Norm XPG lights and runs much longer too.... awesome.

Kyle K

Newly Enlightened
The current PD20 R5 version is just a hair over 3 inches. Quite a bit smaller than most 1AA lights.

pageyjim

Enlightened
Lumapower Trust Model-1 is pretty good too. 350 lumens and the UI is pretty good.
There's also the new JetBeam BC10 at 270 lumens and the ThruNite Neutron 1C at 255 lumens. All nice lights, single cell lights, bright and clickys.

Just checked out the Lumapower Trust Model-1 and ordered one. I think I'll like the UI also.

Fluffy Ops

Newly Enlightened

Deal4

Enlightened
+1 for the ZL SC51!
I just ordered this light. It has an awesome UI and 200 lumens out of a single AA? What more can you ask for?
Just thought I would share my 2 cents!