A 'burglar' with a flashlight in my backyard...guess who was he?

brainy1000

Newly Enlightened
Well, it happened. Unfortunately is summertime in my country, Holyday Seasons - many people is on vacations and go to sleep a bit later than usual. I was, as it is my habit, with a flashlight(today it was a Terralux Lightstar 220), checking my small backyard, about one hour ago, my two dogs were with me as usual, when someone in the nearby condo screams that there is a burglar! two times. The backyard was not in total darkness, the garage lamp was on. After the second scream, I stopped, looked to the window from where I heard the screams, and pointed the light straight to my own face - thought: after all, no thief will do this. Wisely, I decided to go to my second floor porch, opened the door and there he was - the guy went to the balcony of his house, looked at me and said that he saw someone with a light in my backyard. I was of course with my light (on) and said yes, it was me, always do this check each and every night. Sorry, he said. I live in this house for seven years now, this thing never happened before. Additional detail: my condo has an electric fence. Fortunately the moron did not called the police. Call him moron? yes, no doubt: I wonder if a burglar would stay visible and in the middle of a backyard, a lamp behind him turned on, a flashlight illuminating his face, and...well, two dogs by his side (supposedly, the dogs knew their master, right? or not? hhhmmm...:duh2:)

For sure, it would be worst if this guy had called the cops without any previous screams, but the point is: it is sad that not even in my own house, and not being intrusive (I was not pointing the light to any house in the vicinity) I can use my lights at night.

Next time I will use a candle. Hmmm...thinking better, I will not, someone may think that there is a ghost or a zombie in my backyard. :confused:

brainy1000

Newly Enlightened
Well, it happened. Unfortunately is summertime in my country, Holyday Seasons - many people is on vacations and go to sleep a bit later than usual. I was, as it is my habit, with a flashlight(today it was a Terralux Lightstar 220), checking my small backyard, about one hour ago, my two dogs were with me as usual, when someone in the nearby condo screams that there is a burglar! two times. The backyard was not in total darkness, the garage lamp was on. After the second scream, I stopped, looked to the window from where I heard the screams, and pointed the light straight to my own face - thought: after all, no thief will do this. Wisely, I decided to go to my second floor porch, opened the door and there he was - the guy went to the balcony of his house, looked at me and said that he saw someone with a light in my backyard. I was of course with my light (on) and said yes, it was me, always do this check each and every night. Sorry, he said. I live in this house for seven years now, this thing never happened before. Additional detail: my condo has an electric fence. Fortunately the moron did not called the police. Call him moron? yes, no doubt: I wonder if a burglar would stay visible and in the middle of a backyard, a lamp behind him turned on, a flashlight illuminating his face, and...well, two dogs by his side (supposedly, the dogs knew their master, right? or not? hhhmmm...:duh2:)

For sure, it would be worst if this guy had called the cops without any previous screams, but the point is: it is sad that not even in my own house, and not being intrusive (I was not pointing the light to any house in the vicinity) I can use my lights at night.

Next time I will use a candle. Hmmm...thinking better, I will not, someone may think that there is a ghost or a zombie in my backyard. :confused: