Cleaned Fenix L0d, Now won't turn on.

gunlock

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've been having trouble with my Fenix L0d q5 for a while now so I decided to clean it and now it won't turn on. For a few months, it's been flickering, sometimes it wouldn't turn on, and at times the light would fade from bright to low, and if I shook it, it would turn back on at full power. Also, when I woudl twist the light to switch modes, sometimes it would skip modes (go from low to strobe, instead of low to medium to high to strobe etc). The light is a little over a year old. I am very new to lights so I may have done something stupid.

I took the light apart, put some alcohol on a paper towel and cleaned the threads and top of the bottom half of the body (that contacts the board inside). Quite a bit of blackish stuff came off. I didn't put on any lube afterwards. I reassembled and now the light will not turn on at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you much.

gunlock

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've been having trouble with my Fenix L0d q5 for a while now so I decided to clean it and now it won't turn on. For a few months, it's been flickering, sometimes it wouldn't turn on, and at times the light would fade from bright to low, and if I shook it, it would turn back on at full power. Also, when I woudl twist the light to switch modes, sometimes it would skip modes (go from low to strobe, instead of low to medium to high to strobe etc). The light is a little over a year old. I am very new to lights so I may have done something stupid.

I took the light apart, put some alcohol on a paper towel and cleaned the threads and top of the bottom half of the body (that contacts the board inside). Quite a bit of blackish stuff came off. I didn't put on any lube afterwards. I reassembled and now the light will not turn on at all.

Any ideas?

Thank you much.