Maelstrom G5 Loose Head, Changing Modes??

umc

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I just got my Maelstrom about an hour ago and took it out of the box, threw some fresh primaries in it and started testing her out.

What I noticed right away is that in max and high mode things work great but as soon as I switch to low and moonlight it doesn't take much of a bump (light bump) of the head and it flashes the mode to another. I first noticed this just by lightly holding the light close to the head. I played with it more and the same thing. Took the head off and made sure everything was clean and the same thing.

I called 4Sevens and talked to one of the reps and he suggested some electrical grease on the contacts or possibly send it in to have them check to see if the threads are in spec.

Anyway, I did some searching on here and noticed a couple posts here and there discussing this issue but it didn't seem to be wide spread or as easily occurring as I described so what I'm wondering is what is everyone elses experience?

If that is normal then I'll deal with it although it seems very sensitive in moonlight and low. Is it normal?

Should I call 4Sevens back and send her in?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Threads discussing this that didn't turn up in my searching?

Thanks everyone.

umc

Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I just got my Maelstrom about an hour ago and took it out of the box, threw some fresh primaries in it and started testing her out.

What I noticed right away is that in max and high mode things work great but as soon as I switch to low and moonlight it doesn't take much of a bump (light bump) of the head and it flashes the mode to another. I first noticed this just by lightly holding the light close to the head. I played with it more and the same thing. Took the head off and made sure everything was clean and the same thing.

I called 4Sevens and talked to one of the reps and he suggested some electrical grease on the contacts or possibly send it in to have them check to see if the threads are in spec.

Anyway, I did some searching on here and noticed a couple posts here and there discussing this issue but it didn't seem to be wide spread or as easily occurring as I described so what I'm wondering is what is everyone elses experience?

If that is normal then I'll deal with it although it seems very sensitive in moonlight and low. Is it normal?

Should I call 4Sevens back and send her in?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Threads discussing this that didn't turn up in my searching?

Thanks everyone.