First Post and First Fenix TA-20 or 21?

Z

z_JCDriller

I've always been a loyal Surefire fan; to date I own 7 weapons lights, their helmet light, E2e, and several G2s. I've been looking for a new tac light to run with my armor carrier and no Surefire has the features that the Fenix lights offer. I've narrowed my search down to the TA-20 and TA-21.

I believe I'm going to purchase the 20, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I realize it doesn't have all the brightness settings the 21 has, but I like how it doesn't rotate 360*. If its dark and I can't see the markings I know if I rotate the bezel all the way to the right I get Max brightness/Strobe, all the way to the left I get low. I also don't think I'd use all the settings the 21 has.

Does the 21 rotate 360*? Is there any benefit to the 21 that I may not be aware of? I guess in my mind the 20 is a better fighting light, so it's hard for me to see why the 21 is more popular. Seems like all those setting could get one killed as it's pretty hard to select a setting when you can't see the markings.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts