Battery extension on the UBH.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Kept having the o-ring bunch up and squeeze out everytime I tried to put the battery extension on a UBH. Finally put the smaller tail end o-ring on it and that did the trick. Don't know if it's as water resistant though.

What have you done?
oldgrandpajack

PS: Put together a four 123 cell light with the brass UBH, E2C and battery extension. First time a flashlight with the KT1 turbo head didn't feel out of balance.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I'll post about it once I get mine. I plan on running four 123 cells into an n62 500 Lumen LA in the SRTH!

ps - The SRTH is perfectly balanced with the HA UBH II and E2C. Nice and lightweight!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi grandpa! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I just recently traded for a SF KT2 turbo head assembly. I installed it on my stock, all brass UBH. With the weight of the brass UBH, it's a perfect match, (to me), with the 3 celled UBH. It's aluminum lightness just disappears with the brass UBH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's this that you gents added an extension to your UBH that holds 4X123 cells? I thought the KT2 with the N2 LA was rated only for 3X123 cells or 9V not to mention that the KT1/N1 is rated only for 2X123 or 6V. Please explain and thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Hi Gene:
Good to here from you again.

The KT1 and KT2 are the same except for the lamp assembly supplied with it. They also have a Pyrex lens, so the heat from more powerful lamp assemblies is not an issue. You can also use the lamp assemblies from the M4 and 12PM & 12ZM. They are the MN60, MN61 and N62. That's 225 lumens, 350 lumens and 500 lumens. The N62 shuts down after about 3 minutes or so, from what I've read. It's actually a thermal switch in the batteries that does that. Doesn't cause any harm. I prefer the MN60 because I'm a skinflint. It lasts about an hour on a set of batteries.
oldgrandpajack

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here my friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll have to give one of those N60 or 61's a try! Thanks for the info!

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Thanx for the info. oldgrandpajack I've got an E2T W/KT1 and an E3T w/KT2 and they just don't feel right. The E2T will be an E4T as soon as I can get an MN60 or 61.