Single AA choice?

SayHey

Newly Enlightened
I'm attempting to decide on acquiring one of the following: Fenix LD10 R4 (or R5 now, not sure?), Lumapower Trust Model 1, or the Quark tactical AA. I guess I could wait awhile for the Zebralight SC 51, but it's at a slightly higher cost. The other three are pretty much equally priced; I've tried to read about the features of each, and I'm currently leaning toward the Trust light. Anyone owning all or some of these would be welcomed to provide their input.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
That XP-G LED in the SC-51 seems to make a difference. yes it's more $$ than other AA lights, but seems to lead the pack in performance.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Lately I'm a big 4Sevens fan and would go with the Quark AA S2 edition. User Interface is great, plenty of options and it is guaranteed for 10 years. Not a big fan of "tactial" as the interface is different. That being said the Quark 123 S2 single battery is very hard to beat and not a lot bigger IMHO.

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
I don't know much about the first two lights but I am extremely impressed with my SC51. It's small and relatively light, but solidly built very bright. The UI works well; I prefer the clicking to having to turn the head. The clip it has is nice, too. I carried it on my belt today and forgot it was there.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skip your morning latte the rest of this week and get an SC51w. Otherwise the Quark (S2 is my preference) is a great light.

Samy

Enlightened
I have the quark tactical r5. Great light very bright and awesome super low mode, excellent clip and supplied accessories. I have not purchased the zebralight because I have read that accidental activation while in pocket is common.

sea_angler40

Newly Enlightened
Don't have the others, but I'm very impressed by my Zebralight SC51. It's amazing how much light it puts on a single AA!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Quark AA tactical
1307774373.jpg

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Wonder if OP ever got his light...it is 6 months after-the-fact ;)

matt4270

Newly Enlightened
I have a Quark AA Regular S2 that had a bad tailcap (they replaced it, no charge), and is going through O rings. I like it and think the problems are worked out now, but next time Zebralight SC50 or 51, or a Nitecore D11! The only downside to the LD10 is it won't run on lithiums, which is an issue for me.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go for the ZebraLight; I would wait until I could get a SC51c unless really maximum output is a requirement, then I'd just go for the SC51. The H51c would also be a good choice it's a headlamp or a right-angled flashlight that is quite useful. I think it makes a better flashlight, than the SC series make a headlamp.... so ... luckily you'd probably be fine with any of those, it's all preference.

Lightman2

Enlightened
It looks like it. Wish it had some strobe modes.

Hi Eagle, my wish for the SC51 would be high (high and 2ndary fast strobe not slow as it is), medium (medium and 2ndary beacon), low (make it a bit higher than it is and 2ndary as it is).

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Ive been eyeing the xeno e03