Help with Maglite 6D mods please - need advice.

Z

z_one two six

Hello all, I am new here, so please forgive me if I make any grand blunders.

I have had a 6d maglite , which i use for general purposes at work - I use it as a general worklamp / spotlight.

Furthermore due to certain aspects involved in my vocation , should, the need arise, it would also be useful as a 'defensive item' due to its length.( I hope this never ever happens by the way -but as the old saying goes - I hope for the best and prepare for the worst)

Its a good torch, but I would like to remedy the following niggles I have with the maglite...

1) Is there any way of getting a good wriststrap on it (ideally near the switch )

2)It seems very slippery in wet conditions - are there any knurled sleeeves available, or similar to improve grip.

3) It rolls around - if i am working in a cramped kitchen cabinet for example, it is difficult to keep it in place.

Any advice would be gratefully received, I want to do a tidy job, I know that a lot of these problems could be solved with baler twine and duct tape, but i want to have form, as well as function catered for.

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers

Onefastls1

Newly Enlightened
Google "paracord wrap". I'm having a hard time finding the original instructions I have used, but it consists of a triple turk's head knot on top and bottom, and however much wrap in between. The turk's head knots don't require a lanyard hole, so no permanent modification is needed. And instead of cutting off the excess cord when you are done wrapping, you simply tie it off into a lanyard. The trick is to cut some bicycle innertube to wrap over, so the wrap doesn't slide around, and the added girth and texture would keep it from rolling around.

The other thing I can suggest is to drill two small holes near the switch to attach some cord for a lanyard, and find some pebble texture rubber tubing to slide over the body of the mag.

Hope this helps- good luck.