the KL5 for the C2

roguesw

Enlightened
arghhh FC, you had me going there for a sec, i was already opening up another browser to surefire's website
lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
No point asking any question regarding SF product release. You never get an answer.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are Surefire going to release all the 5 watt LEDs as full lights instead of selling just the bezels? I bought my M2 just for the KL5, now it looks like i will prolly end up selling it...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't SureFire would release the KL5 attached to an M2 body? They used that approach with the KL4. Hmmm. But then, I guess there's more that one light that the KL5 would fit on.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the KL5 should fit on all the non-E series 2-cell surefires, like the Z2, C2, 6P, etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drjones

Enlightened
Guys, I know absolutely no more than any of you about upcoming releases from SF.

That said, here are my opinions:

I believe we can see another Lx in the next few months. Again, I have absolutely no basis whatsoever for that figure, its just my belief.

Second, I am quite sure that, when they do come out, SF will release entire new lights, not just the bezel. Chevy doesn't release new front ends alone, do they? No, they sell the whole car.

SF seems to have been doing the same thing, at least starting with the L4.

I also believe that, yes, they will offer the bezels separately (as they are now doing with the KL4) but it will probably NOT be cheaper than buying the entire light. (Unless, of course, you already had the host body to begin with.) Example; Kakster, you'd likely save more money selling your M2 and buying the entire L5/6 when they come out. Unless you want both heads, of course.

Just my opinions.

Anxiously awaiting the L6!!!
Drjones

Size15's

Flashaholic
Remember that there is a new Clickie in the works for the standard bodies - the Z58 (HA) and Z59 (BK).

The E2e body was released with a Z57 and KL4; called the L4.
The M2 body could very well be released with a Z58 and KL5
The M3 body could very well be released with a Z58 and KL6

This would continue that which the L4 started - the ability to provided two new products at a reduced cost in a working package.

Time will tell I suppose.

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I was hoping to mount the KL5 on my G2 body to save weight though that's probably unrealistic in terms of thermal management. E2E + Speck adapter + KL5 might be possible.

Brightnorm

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
I was hoping to mount the KL5 on my G2 body to save weight though that's probably unrealistic in terms of thermal management. E2E + Speck adapter + KL5 might be possible.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh...that would be a sweet setup. Very small and bright! Come on, Surefire! Papa needs a new KL5...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oldeng95,

Welcome to CPF. Glad you jumped in to get wet with us. Hope you have fun here.

I have a feeling that FC was playing with us with that $147 quote. Just wishful thinking.

Paul