Jetbeam        

Thread: SureFire C2M adapter/adaptor owners unite!

Default SureFire C2M adapter/adaptor owners unite!

Merry Christmas to you all!

I am just wondering who else uses a SureFire C2M adapter (pulled from a KL3/5) for their lights? I have seen Eric242s M2 that looks real cool. There are also quite some others posting in the WTB section from time to time for the adapter.

My C2M is still stuck inside the KL3 head at the moment hehe - gotta find the right tools to harvest it (I tried boiling-in-a-bag, freezing and blow-drying already). What kind of tools did you all use to take the adapter out? Or did u acquire the adapter from someone else?

Personally, I am a throw addict so for my sleeper package I am pairing my C2 with LF HO-M3T and KT4 (30k lux at 1m, data from mdocod's 2009 summer shootout ), while maintaining millenium bezel compatibility. Adding an A19 will bring me back to lithium primary power backup. I am also hoping to use my KX9T-S for strobe and as a backup for blown bulbs (5k lux at 1m on low, data from turboBB ; strobe will be at full 20k lux at 1m). Just like what some do with the LF P7 head. I am guessing the low with 550mah imr16340s should last 2h+, and at 10 yards looks brighter than my lx2 head on 17670... So much for the 2 small rechargeable cells platform.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

SC

Default Re: SureFire C2M adapter/adaptor owners unite!

Quote Originally Posted by z_schabw View Post
    I am just wondering who else uses a SureFire C2M adapter (pulled from a KL3/5) for their lights?
    Also inspired by Eric242's fantastic legos I came up with this:

I managed to remove my C2M adapter from a KL3 head with two rubber strap wrenches (one of which I ripped in the process), a bit of WD-40 and lots of boiling water... quite a few blisters on my hands at the time, but IMHO well worth the result.

The little beauty above is currently set up with a M3 LED tower by Veleno designs which provides a nice moderately bright beam and ample runtime on a protected AW 18650.
    Touch my food, feel my fork!

looks good, how do you find the Veleno tower? is it worth the money? I have the same set up but with a SW01 tailcap and dont have a good drop in for it. I am still running an MN10, its a nice enough beam but its not that bright and eats cells

red´s switch is a SW01 too. You can contact Nailbender, he makes D36 dropins for the Z46 (M3 head). I got two of his MC-E dropins and really like them. Good product at a fair price from a good guy.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric242; 03-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    red´s switch is a SW01 too. You can contact Nailbender, he makes D36 dropins for the Z46 (M3 head). I got two of his MC-E dropins and really like them. Good product at a fair price from a good guy.
    +1

If you get one of Nailbender's multi-mode drop-ins you can have the best of both worlds - seriously bright on high and decent runtimes in lower modes.

The LED tower has a very nice beam profile, but it would be nowhere near as bright as Eric's MC-E. It does, however, run on pretty much any battery configuration I can think of.
    Touch my food, feel my fork!

Thanks for the tip, however I have been in touch with Nailbender but can't get the voltage input range that I want. I would really like the option of running both RCR123' and primaries if i need to, so the voltage range on most of his dropins doesn't suit.

The tailcap on mine is the SW02 (not SW01 as I incorrectly stated)